On October 4, 2021, Patterson-UTI announced that it has closed its previously announced acquisition of Pioneer Energy Services Corp. Please visit www.patenergy.com for more information.
Independents and major oil and gas companies depend on Pioneer Energy Services for the highest-quality well servicing, including workovers, completion, and plug and abandonment services. The reasons? Our large and modern, high-horsepower fleet, comprehensive rig packages and experienced, safety-focused crews.
- One of the newest well servicing fleets in the industry (~7 years) among publicly traded companies
- New, American-manufactured 550-600 HP-class rigs and pump packages
- 104', 112' and 116' mast heights on 550-600 HP rigs
- Capable of working at depths below 20,000 feet
- Driller's platforms and work floor can be raised to 36', optimizing performance for snubbing-assisted completions in shale drill-outs and workovers
- Newest safety technology:
- Crown-out and floor-out devices, SALA climbing and derrick devices, BOP safety controls, and isolated and secondary BOP closing systems
Complete Rig Packages
With dedicated rig supervisors and 4-5 man crews, Pioneer rig packages have 24-hour capabilities. To ensure maximum efficiency at your site, every rig package includes:
- 5,000 psi BOPs
- 5,000-10,000 psi triplex mud pumps
- 200 bbl mud tanks
- Hydraulic tubing tongs and handling tools for 2 3/8" and 2 7/8" tubing
Available upon request:
- Mud systems
- Power swivels
- Pipe racks
- Hydraulic catwalks and lay-down machines
- Cooling systems for crews
- Casing jacks
Experienced, Safety-Focused Crews
Pioneer employees are empowered to make the job safer, do the job better and continue to improve on our best-in-class performance. In 2011, our Well Servicing Division was recognized by the AESC (Association of Energy Service Companies) with its Gold Award for safety.
Valued by clients for their client service and professionalism, our Well Servicing employees receive extensive safety training prior to any field work. Our training qualifies Pioneer to work on wells with critical well-control conditions and exceed even the toughest safety standards.
Mandatory courses equip new and experienced employees with training and, and where applicable, certifications:
- OSHA safety certification
- PEC qualified
- Forklift certification
- CPR training
- Basic Plus training
- LiveSafe culture of safety
- Driver training
- Hazmat training
- H2S Awareness
- Manlift training
This training, along with our rigorous drug and alcohol policy, enables Pioneer to offer highly qualified crews that are unsurpassed at working safely.